7 Tips to Get a Quality and Affordable Car Insurance
Article revised on 2 May 2019
You think that “affordable” Car insurance means that you’ll get poor coverage? Think again! If you take a look at the offers made by insurers, you’ll see that it is possible to pay a lower Car insurance premium without compromising on quality. Here are 8 moves you can make to save on your next Car insurance renewal.
1. Bundle your insurance with the same insurer
Bundling your Home, Car and Leisure Vehicle insurance with the same insurer could save you a considerable amount on most of these coverages. For example, by insuring more than one vehicle with the same company, you can be entitled to a discount on the premium for each vehicle.
2. Get a theft deterrent system for your vehicle
If you have a recognized theft deterrent system installed in your vehicle, you ward off thieves. As well, most insurers will offer you a discount on your auto insurance.
3. Inform your insurer of changes to your driving habits
As soon as your situation results in a change to your driving habits, tell your insurer about it. Your premium could be adjusted based on your new annual mileage. If you drive less, you pay less!
4. Join an association
Some insurers offer exclusive discounts to members of a recognized association. If you are a member of an association, be sure to mention it when you call, because you could receive an additional discount.
5. Adjust your coverage based on your needs
- Take the time to determine the coverages you really need. You can increase the amount of your deductibles. If you do, you’ll see an immediate effect on your premium amount. Just remember that you will have to pay a higher amount in the event of an accident.
- Eliminate the Collision benefit if your vehicle has low market value
- Choose the Various Perils benefit instead of Vandalism coverage: It is a less costly solution, because the coverage is less extensive.
6. Choose a vehicle model that is less attractive to thieves
The vehicle model has an impact on the insurance premium. For example, choosing a four-door sedan can help to reduce your insurance premium. However, a higher risk of theft is associated with certain types of vehicles, and the insurance premium for those vehicles is higher. For help in making an informed choice, refer to the most often stolen vehicles table.
7. Be a safe driver
By following the Highway Safety Code, you can obtain discounts associated with your driving record, based on demerit points and motor vehicle accident claims.
Finally, when taking out Car insurance, ask the right questions in order to obtain all the discounts for which you may be eligible.
Looking for Car insurance?
Find out more about the benefits La Capitale has to offer!