5 excuses for not taking control of your health
Article revised on 21 July 2017
You say you’ll make your health a priority, but it’s sometimes easier said than done. Here are a few easy strategies you can use to make it happen.
1. “I don’t have time.”
- Block off time in your agenda for exercise, relaxation, etc.
- Break up your daily 30 minutes of physical activity into three 10-minute segments.
2. “I don’t know how to cook.”
- Take a cooking class! There is something for every taste and level of ability.
- Get a bunch of friends together for a dinner party. Test out new recipes!
3. “I don’t want to hurt myself.”
- Consult a specialist, who can guide you to activities suitable for your abilities and limitations.
4. “I don’t like to suffer.”
- You need not suffer for physical activity to be of benefit to you. Just choose a sport or pastime you enjoy… The important thing is that it gets your blood pumping!
5. “I’m too tired.”
- By adopting an active lifestyle, you’ll have more energy in your daily life and be more healthy in the long term.
The Viva Workplace health and wellness program is a turnkey program that’s specially designed to meet employers’ needs with regard to health and wellness promotion and prevention.