Fight Prostate Cancer With Fruits and Veggies
Article révisé le 19 June 2017
Hey, guys! Did you know that a diet high in animal fat (meat, butter, lard, cheese) is associated with a higher risk of prostate cancer? It’s true!
When possible, use plantbased fats instead. Fruits and vegetables are full of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients that may reduce the risk of cancer.
Here are a few tips on how to protect your prostate by improving your diet.
- Have 7 – 10 servings of fruits and vegetables per day.
- Select leaner cuts of meat and low-fat dairy products.
- Cook with vegetable oils (canola, olive, sunflower, etc.) rather than butter.
- Eat low-fat cheese.
- Include nuts or seeds in your salads.
- Drink green tea.
- Give legumes, tofu and other soy products a try.
- Have fish at least twice a week.
- Limit your alcohol to no more than a drink or two each day.
The Viva Workplace health and wellness program is a turnkey program that’s specially designed to meet employers’ needs with regard to health and wellness promotion and prevention.