Forgetfulness: Normal or Something to Worry About?
Article révisé le 19 June 2017
As the years go by, we can feel disconcerted by the fact that we are becoming more forgetful. No need to panic! Slight memory loss is a normal part of aging.
However, it can be exacerbated by various factors:
• Times of high emotion
• Ingestion of certain drugs
• Certain health conditions: thyroid, liver or kidney problems
No big deal!
We’ve all forgotten where we put our keys. It’s when you no longer remember what you use them for that the situation is more worrisome and merits medical attention.
Fortunately, there are some easy things we can do every day to stay sharp:
• Make to-do lists.
• Use memory tools.
• Enter all upcoming appointments in our calendar.
• Engage in leisure activities that require mental exertion: planning, organizing, problem solving, etc.
• Be active! Exercise is good for brain function.
• Limit your alcohol consumption. Too much alcohol impairs brain function.
• Reduce stress and anxiety in your daily life.
Good for you! has turnkey workplace health and wellness promotion and prevention programs that are specially designed to meet employers’ needs. Call us at 1 866 227-2772, write to us at email@example.com or visit our website.
Don’t forget about vitamin B12!
Forgetfulness is one of the symptoms associated with a vitamin B12 deficiency. To ensure your intake is sufficient, you should obtain your vitamin B12 from animal sources: meat, fish, eggs, dairy products, etc. You’re a vegetarian? Then, make a point of eating enough vitamin B12-fortified foods (fortified non-dairy beverages, some brands of tofu, etc.) or consider taking a supplement.
The Viva Workplace health and wellness program is a turnkey program that’s specially designed to meet employers’ needs with regard to health and wellness promotion and prevention.