Stay Active in Spite of the Change of Season
Article revised on 5 November 2018
To hold on to the good habits you adopted during the summer, be prepared, and follow these easy tips.
- Sign up for some group classes
- The weather is no excuse! Always have a plan B in case of bad weather. Dress in layers, and wear a hat or headband, gloves and warm socks… ideally made of synthetic materials
(polypropylene, acrylic, Gore-Tex®, nylon, etc.).
- Find resources (gym, classes, walking club, yoga, etc.) that are near your home or place of work.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for a free trial.
- Find out about the sports and activities you can do in each season .
- Make an appointment with a kinesiologist or a physiotherapist, who can advise you on the best way to break up your routine.
- Discover new places and enjoy the fall colours by hiking in national parks.
The Viva Workplace health and wellness program is a turnkey program that’s specially designed to meet employers’ needs with regard to health and wellness promotion and prevention.