Have Fun for Less This Summer!
Article revised on 5 July 2018
Vacations often equate to great times, but they could also prove to be very costly. This summer, you can entertain the whole family without paying a fortune!
Here are a few ideas for activities sorted according to budget* that will allow you to save all summer long while keeping everyone happy! Quick tip: Always pack your lunch: you’ll save even more!
- Stay active by visiting city swimming pools, bicycle tracks, hiking trails or…the arena!
- Camp out in your own backyard! Build a campfire and choose one of the fun activities proposed here!
- Raining? Put on a play, do some arts and crafts or visit your city library!
$1 – $25
- Visit the Parks Canada national historic sites. For less than $10 per family, you can have fun while you learn about the history that surrounds you.
- Cook with the whole family! Ricardo Cuisine provides a slew of recipes that are easy to concoct with your little ones!
- Visit beaches close to your home. The website Notable ranked the 35 best beaches in Canada.
$25 – $50
- Visit an indoor amusement centre where you can have a ball without breaking the bank.
- Get into agritourism! Québecvacances.com provides a list of Agritourism/Guest Farms where you can see all kinds of animals and discover the many local and delicious products.
With all the savings, you’ll be able to afford something pricier at the end of the summer or use the money to help offset back-to-school expenses. You can also make the extra cash grow in a savings account!
*Plus transportation expenses.
Start saving now!